Fall Sewing Plans

Summer's still going strong here in Texas, but I can't quit thinking about fall sewing! These are a few things that will be on my sewing table in the coming months:

This is my current work-in-progress. A Rigel Bomber made from Andover Metallic Chambray in White Gold. I'm sooo excited about this jacket. I should have it finished by this weekend just in time for the brief cold front that's supposed to blow in. It'll still be like 80 degrees, but I'll take what I can get :)

I bought the Kaisla Blazer pattern during Named's birthday sale, unsure of what kind of fabric to make it up in. I think I've decided this burgundy twill will make for a great casual blazer to pair with jeans.

Have you seen the Altuzarra for Target collection? There are lots of really interesting pieces, but I was particularly inspired by this faux fur jacket. I'm planning on drafting my own pattern and using something like this "Snow Leopard" fabric.

I love Deer & Doe's new Bruyère Shirt pattern. I'm planning on using this plaid fabric from Miss Matatabi which is made up from little heart-shaped cat faces. Did someone say Cat Lady Sewing Challenge?

As you can see I've been really drawn to rich burgundy/plum and gold/taupe colors. Jewel tones in general have been catching my eye. I've also been paying more attention to different textures and how they can create interest in an outfit.


So what's at the top of your fall sewing list? (Or spring sewing list for my Aussie and Kiwi friends?) Are you as excited for the change of seasons as I am?


<3 Lindsay


Labels: , ,